Network Management System
Wananchi Telecommunications NMS features allow for automatic gathering of network statistics and presentation of the same in graphical and report form. NMS uses SNMP to monitor networks events in real time which provides details of network performance in graphical and chart forms. For visibility into network traffic, NMS has an Analyzer which analyzes flows from net-flow enabled network elements like Cisco routers and switches; allows for traffic type discovery and detailed analysis of the traffic within a Network; the features are summarized below.
FAULT AND PERFORMANCE MONIITORING
- Network Performance Monitor (NPM) – Fault and network performance management platform.
- Net-Flow Analyzer (NTA) – provides visibility into network traffic.
- IP SLA Manager – Leverage Cisco IIP SLA to monitor site-specific of WAN-related network performance, replaces Orion VoIP monitor.
- IP Address Manager (IPAM) – Provides detailed visibility into the IP address space.
- User Device Tracker (UDT) – Capable of identifying how a machine is connected in the network, keeping track of machines with suspicious hostnames and port utilization.
- Enterprise Operations console (EOC)– consolidated command center for unified visibility into remote deployments.
- Scalability Engines – scales the faults and performance management capabilities of NPM
- ipMonitor – up down monitoring for network, server and application availability.
CONFIGURATION AND COMPLIANCE TOOLS
- Network Configuration Manager (NCM) – Change and configuration management
- Engineer’s Toolset 499 desktop tools for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting networks.
- LAN surveyor – automatically discovers LAN or WAN and produces comprehensive network diagrams that can be exported into vision
WTL edge routers come with multiple 10Gigabiit optical interfaces to allow for capacities of up to 100Gigabit. All routing will be on optical fiber. The routers also come with dual power supply units for redundant power supply.
ACCESS CONTROL AND FILTERING
WTL apply edge filtering on their iinternet border roouters and also implement this at the edge of their network facing the client to effectively manage traffic flow to and from the client. The edge routers are configured to provide a first level of security using Access Control Lists (ACL). The ACL allow only specifically permitted traffic.
NETWORK EQUIPMENT CONFIGURATION
WTL uses features available in NMS together with third party software to provide Network element configuration and management including backup and restore of configuration. The applications will also provide configuration version management.
WANANCHI TELECOM PEERING AGREEMENTS
WTL has peering agreements with major Tier-1 Internet Service Providers. A list of our Peering partners is provided below. A detailed list of regional peering agreements is available upon request.
WTL TELEPPORT IN KENYA
- Largest footprint in Africa Expand quickly and service across border and diverse markets with ease.
- Diverse routes connecting “World”- high uptime and business continuity.
- Leverage on (internal) Wananchi Group growth requirements and deep pockets with partnerships of national power supply and backbone companies with accelerated deployment of metro and backhaul.